Garth Brooks Cancels All Five Dublin Shows
Garth Brooks has cancelled all five of his Dublin shows after the council would only grant a licence for three of them which has left 400,000 ticket holders very disappointed.
The Dublin City Counci refused to grant a licence for two of the five concerts — on the grounds that three concerts have already been held at Croke Park this year.
Local residents were divided on the issue, with some taking legal action while others petitioned the council to renege on their decision.
Brooks himself released a statement in the wake of the announcement, saying that for him it was “five shows or none at all”.
Speaking to RTÉ’s Six One News this evening, Peter Aiken said that Brooks was “devastated”.
‘”He’s down for millions in this deal [but] he’s sticking to his principles,” Aiken said.
He noted that Brooks had been coming up with his own alternatives, such as changing what nights were played and considering matinée shows.
Contacted by TheJournal.ie, a spokesperson for Brooks said the singer would engage with the issue in a press conference planned for this Thursday, which will be streamed on his website. No statements or comments are expected from the Brooks camp before then.